- Meet Your Local ADR Service Providers
(posted: Oct 11, 2022)
Come meet local attorneys in San Mateo County who serve as arbitrators, mediators, and private judges.
- Mediation by Video Conference
(posted: Jul 19, 2020)
Windor PLC's mediation services are easily adaptable to remote video conferencing methods such as Zoom, Skype, and FaceTime.
- Two New Articles
(posted: Jul 18, 2020)
Jeff has written two new articles on mediation and litigation in the era of COVID-19.
ADR Section Presents: Arbitration - Litigation - Mediation - Private Judging
posted: May 22, 2023
Jeff Windsor will lend his expertise on meditation best practices as a panelist in this discussion for the San Mateo Count Bar Association on June 30th.
Date: June 30th
Time: 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Cost (in person): $20 for Members, $25 Non-Members; Lunch is included
OR attend via Zoom: $10 for Members and Non-Members
Fox, Shjeflo & Babu, LLP
Conference Room: Atrium Court
2000 Alameda De Las Pulgas
San Mateo, CA 94403
MCLE Credit: 1.5 hours general law
ADR Section Presents:
Arbitration - Litigation - Mediation - Private Judging'
A discussion of the advantages/disadvantages of each, how to set up your litigation case for a successful mediation, and when private judging might be a good option.
- George Wailes - how to use litigation effectively to maximize the chances of settlement, including when to suggest mediation and what to do to obtain a successful mediation outcome.
- James Madison - advantages and disadvantages of arbitration and for which types of disputes it is most suited.
- Jeff Windsor - mediation best practices, such as when to suggest mediation (at the beginning, after some discovery, after a summary judgment motion has been filed), and what evidence to reveal and best practices for mediation briefing.
- Lauren Zorfas - private judging, including the laws and requirements for hiring a privately compensated judge, the cases in which it is best suited and when parties might seek a private judge.
Please join us! Learn more and register here